Chilford Hall came to our wedding day rescue
ME and my husband are upset to hear the news about what has happened at Chilford Hall.
We both had a shock when we found out the Whitehall Hotel in Broxted was going into liquidation just three weeks before our wedding day. A brides nightmare!
But with some help from our family, having to finish work early a couple of days and some quick thinking, my dad and I went to Chilford Hall, not really expecting much, as it was a Saturday with two weeks left to go.
But we were there for three hours having talks with the manager who was really keen to help us. We came away from them really pleased and a new venue for our wedding day!
We got married on May 26, the weather was amazing for us.
You may also want to watch:
Everything had fallen into place. The morning was full of nerves and excitment. And the ceremony was held in the beautiful setting of St Botolphs Church, Hadstock, where I grew up. And of course there were a few tears!
Then we ended the day at Chilford Hall, Linton. I feel like the troubles we had were probably a blessing in disguise as Chilford Hall was an amazing venue to celebrate our special day. The building and its surroundings were picturesque.
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 9 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
The staff were professional, always putting our needs first and very attentive throughout the day.
My husband and I would like to say a huge thank you to the staff at Chilford Hall for making our day happen.
We had the most amazing day of our lives, and I can’t help but feel that it wouldn’t of been as perfect had it not of been for the effort and generosity from Chilford Hall.