Chilford Hall Vineyard and Conference Centre to launch new ‘Granta Valley 2009’ red wine at Easter
CHILFORD Hall Vineyard and Conference Centre will be launching new red wine over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
The Linton venue has traditionally produced sparkling ros� and sparkling white wines, as grapes producing these varieties grow exceptionally well under British weather conditions.
‘Granta Valley 2009’ will be the third red wine vintage produced by the vineyard.
The first, Granta Valley 2008, was so successful it sold out within six weeks.
Meanwhile, Chilford Hall continues to be open for tours and tastings every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from Good Friday to Easter Monday inclusive and over the May Bank Holiday Weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The vineyard is also open for tours and tastings over both weekends of English Wine Week, which begins on May 28 and finishes on June 5, and will also be hosting the East Anglian Wine Growers Association Awards in July.
Director and general manager of Chilford Hall, Glen Mejias, said: “Wine sales are strong and our tours and tastings are proving extremely popular. We are pleased to see so many individuals and groups from all over the region supporting local producers and tasting our award winning wines.”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
For more information visit chilfordhall.co.uk or for tours and tasting tickets call 01223 895600.