Chilford Hall Vineyard opens for new 2011 season
CHILFORD Hall Vineyard in Linton is to reopen next month for the new 2011 season with winery tours, wine tastings, wine sales and refreshments.
The 18-acre vineyard is managed by Chilford Winemaker Mark Barnes, and has traditionally produced high quality sparkling and still white and ros� wines since 1975.
The vineyard’s first red wine “Granta Valley” went on sale in 2008, and was so popular it sold out within six weeks. The Granta Valley 2009 is in casks and will be on sale in spring this year.
Judges from the East Anglian Wine Growers Association, including Masters of Wine, awarded eight accolades to Chilford last year, including East Anglian Wine of the Year 2010 for the Chilford Sparkling Ros� 2004. Chilford Hall will be hosting the prestigious EAWGA awards in July 2011.
Chilford Wines and Bistro manager Vanessa Chamberlain says: “This season we will continue to offer visitors our informative tours and tastings, along with a delicious new lunch menu and all day refreshments as well as expanding shop lines to include a wider range of local produce and gifts.”
Chilford Wines and Bistro is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays between March and October from 9.30am to 5pm. The shop offers free onsite parking, an outdoor terrace, wine tasting, lunches, refreshments, new gift experience vouchers and a selection of wines and local produce for sale.
Tours of the winery and tastings take place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday and on Bank Holidays at 10.30am and 3pm and cost �12.50 per person.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
Advance group and coach party bookings are welcome, evening tours and tastings available by prior arrangement. Please contact Chilford Hall on 01223 895600 for further details.
To find out more about Chilford Hall Vineyard visit chilfordhall.co.uk