Chilford Hall Vineyard opens for new 2011 season
CHILFORD Hall Vineyard in Linton is to reopen next month for the new 2011 season with winery tours, wine tastings, wine sales and refreshments.
The 18-acre vineyard is managed by Chilford Winemaker Mark Barnes, and has traditionally produced high quality sparkling and still white and ros� wines since 1975.
The vineyard’s first red wine “Granta Valley” went on sale in 2008, and was so popular it sold out within six weeks. The Granta Valley 2009 is in casks and will be on sale in spring this year.
Judges from the East Anglian Wine Growers Association, including Masters of Wine, awarded eight accolades to Chilford last year, including East Anglian Wine of the Year 2010 for the Chilford Sparkling Ros� 2004. Chilford Hall will be hosting the prestigious EAWGA awards in July 2011.
Chilford Wines and Bistro manager Vanessa Chamberlain says: “This season we will continue to offer visitors our informative tours and tastings, along with a delicious new lunch menu and all day refreshments as well as expanding shop lines to include a wider range of local produce and gifts.”
You may also want to watch:
Chilford Wines and Bistro is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays between March and October from 9.30am to 5pm. The shop offers free onsite parking, an outdoor terrace, wine tasting, lunches, refreshments, new gift experience vouchers and a selection of wines and local produce for sale.
Tours of the winery and tastings take place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday and on Bank Holidays at 10.30am and 3pm and cost �12.50 per person.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 3 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 4 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 5 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 6 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 7 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 8 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 9 Cam Valley to broadcast a special Mother's Day service
- 10 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
Advance group and coach party bookings are welcome, evening tours and tastings available by prior arrangement. Please contact Chilford Hall on 01223 895600 for further details.
To find out more about Chilford Hall Vineyard visit chilfordhall.co.uk