Chilford Hall Vineyard wins five medals and the Founders’ Trophy for best red wine in east Anglia
CHILFORD Hall Vineyard has triumphed in the East Anglian Wine Growers Association regional awards competition with five medals and the prestigious Founders’ Trophy for the Granta Valley 2009, awarded for the best red wine in East Anglia.
The trophy was commissioned and donated to the association several years ago by wine enthusiast and entrepreneur Sam Alper, the late owner of Chilford Hall.
Director and general manager of Chilford Hall Glen Mejias said: “We are delighted with our awards scoop this year, we are proud of all our wines but it is particularly special to us to be awarded the Founders’ Trophy.
“Due to our climate, England is known to be best suited to the production of white and ros� wines and we are pleased to be successfully producing white, ros� and red.
“English vineyards are producing some fantastic vintages and long may this continue!”
You may also want to watch:
Chilford Hundred wines are priced from �7.75 to �16.95 and are available from The Chilford Wines and Bistro at Chilford Hall in Linton, by calling 01223 895600 or by ordering online at chilfordhall.co.uk
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Audley End apple festival is this weekend