Chilford Hall Vineyard wins five medals and the Founders’ Trophy for best red wine in east Anglia
CHILFORD Hall Vineyard has triumphed in the East Anglian Wine Growers Association regional awards competition with five medals and the prestigious Founders’ Trophy for the Granta Valley 2009, awarded for the best red wine in East Anglia.
The trophy was commissioned and donated to the association several years ago by wine enthusiast and entrepreneur Sam Alper, the late owner of Chilford Hall.
Director and general manager of Chilford Hall Glen Mejias said: “We are delighted with our awards scoop this year, we are proud of all our wines but it is particularly special to us to be awarded the Founders’ Trophy.
“Due to our climate, England is known to be best suited to the production of white and ros� wines and we are pleased to be successfully producing white, ros� and red.
“English vineyards are producing some fantastic vintages and long may this continue!”
You may also want to watch:
Chilford Hundred wines are priced from �7.75 to �16.95 and are available from The Chilford Wines and Bistro at Chilford Hall in Linton, by calling 01223 895600 or by ordering online at chilfordhall.co.uk
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal