Chilford Hall Vineyard wins five medals and the Founders’ Trophy for best red wine in east Anglia
CHILFORD Hall Vineyard has triumphed in the East Anglian Wine Growers Association regional awards competition with five medals and the prestigious Founders’ Trophy for the Granta Valley 2009, awarded for the best red wine in East Anglia.
The trophy was commissioned and donated to the association several years ago by wine enthusiast and entrepreneur Sam Alper, the late owner of Chilford Hall.
Director and general manager of Chilford Hall Glen Mejias said: “We are delighted with our awards scoop this year, we are proud of all our wines but it is particularly special to us to be awarded the Founders’ Trophy.
“Due to our climate, England is known to be best suited to the production of white and ros� wines and we are pleased to be successfully producing white, ros� and red.
“English vineyards are producing some fantastic vintages and long may this continue!”
You may also want to watch:
Chilford Hundred wines are priced from �7.75 to �16.95 and are available from The Chilford Wines and Bistro at Chilford Hall in Linton, by calling 01223 895600 or by ordering online at chilfordhall.co.uk
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 9 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden