Christmas activities at Audley End House
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Christmas is truly on its way at Audley End House, starting today (Friday, November 25), with a month of festive activities for the family.
There will be an Audience with Santa every Saturday and Sunday now until December 18, where Saint Nick will hand out treats and tell magical festive stories.
A wing of the house will also become Victorian, with cook Mrs Crocombe and her kitchen maids making yuletide food.
This weekend, until Sunday, there will be a craft, design, and food fair with more than 100 stalls - it is run by Oakleigh Fairs.
Visitors can also see festive falconry – showing hawks, owls, and falcons – from December 27 to 29.
You may also want to watch:
Cate Milton, events manager for English Heritage, said: “After meeting Father Christmas you can enjoy a stroll around Audley End’s impressive grounds, before warming up with an indulgent hot chocolate in the café.”
For more information visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/audley or call 0370 333 1183.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost