MasterChef winner Alex Webb's Christmas recipe
Alex Webb, MasterChef The Professionals winner
- Credit: Neil Spence Photography
Alex Webb, the Dunmow chef who won MasterChef: The Professionals in December 2020, shares a recipe for Brussels sprouts, crispy black pudding and wholegrain mustard.
If you make it, share images of the dish and your thoughts on the recipe. You'll find him via social media - he is @chefwebb1
Series 13 of MasterChef: The Professionals is still available on BBC iPlayer to watch Alex cooking his way to victory.
Brussels, crispy black pudding & wholegrain mustard
750g Brussels sprouts
200g black pudding
50g chopped onion
100g Grey Poupon wholegrain mustard
100g crispy onion
Sage leaves, chopped
1 x crushed garlic clove
Start by shredding your Brussels so they are nice and thin.
Crumble your black pudding and place to one side. Take a frying pan on a medium heat and add your garlic (TIP - Add a pinch of salt to stop it burning). Then add your chopped onion and black pudding, make sure the pudding gets crispy.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 6 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Meet the Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Award finalists
After that add your sliced Brussels sprouts and chopped sage leaves with your wholegrain mustard. Add the butter and a little splash of cold water and place the lid on to steam for four to five minutes.
Place in a baking tray and turn your oven on to 180c. Over the top of your Brussels sprinkle your crispy onions and breadcrumbs. Place into the oven to make them golden brown for five minutes. Enjoy!