Christmas Recipe: Enjoy cranberries in this delicious cranberry tart dessert
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
This Christmas season, explore cranberries in a whole new way. Cranberry Tarts make for a festive dessert for winter parties, holiday dinners, or simply for you and the kids to enjoy.
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
You may also want to watch:
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Great Anglia named train operator of the year
- 5 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 6 District council urged to cancel investment
- 7 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 8 St Clare Hospice 10k run set to take place this April
- 9 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 10 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
1 large apple (peeled, cored and
3 clementines (or tangerines)
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Uncooked tart pastry or pie crust
Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and apple in a heavy saucepan.
Wash clementines, remove stem and cut in half. Chop into pieces and remove the seeds, but leave the peel on. Chop the unpeeled clementines in a blender or food processor (use metal blades).
Add clementines, plus cranberries and pecans to the saucepan.
Cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst. Cool.
You can prepare the mixture in advance and use it in tarts or to make a pie with a latticed top.
For the pie, cook at 400 degF for 30 to 35 minutes. For tarts, cook at 400 degF for 10 to 15 minutes (until the edges are slightly brown).