Winners of Christmas Shop Windows competition announced
- Credit: Archant
The winner of this year’s Best Christmas Shop Windows competition was Frank Riccio Hairdressing in Market Row.
The winners were announced at the Lights Switch On event on Sunday, November 24.
Second prize and third went to the Curious Goat and Tea Amo in Cross Street. Highly commended certificates were awarded to Café Cou Cou, Colorcraft and Eden Lake Lingerie.
Organisers, Jacqui Portway and Peter Riding, from the Saffron Walden Initiative, said: "Although there were fewer entries than last year the standard and imagination was fantastic.
"Saffron Walden has truly come alive thanks to the efforts of our busy pre-Christmas retail trade. We were particularly grateful for the dozen judges who included the mayor and mayoress and representatives of various Saffron Walden charities.
You may also want to watch:
"They all did a great job. And also thanks to the King's Arms for hosting the judging. Please spread the news that Saffron Walden is a great place to visit at Christmas time."
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley