Church fair hits �4000 mark
ALMOST �4000 was raised at a well-supported summer fair held at St Mary s Church in Saffron Walden. The church and the parish rooms were bustling with people who bought items from the various stalls and took part in the different activities. O
ALMOST �4000 was raised at a well-supported summer fair held at St Mary's Church in Saffron Walden on Saturday.
The church and the parish rooms were bustling with people who bought items from the various stalls and took part in the different activities.
Organiser Bron Ferland said: "It was a great success and there was a lovely atmosphere in the church as families enjoyed the cake stall, the tombola, the handicrafts and all the other fun and games on offer."
Children from St Mary's School as well as local guides and brownies helped to run the event and music was provided by the church's brass band.
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised will be put towards church funds.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation