Church fair hits �4000 mark
ALMOST �4000 was raised at a well-supported summer fair held at St Mary s Church in Saffron Walden. The church and the parish rooms were bustling with people who bought items from the various stalls and took part in the different activities. O
ALMOST �4000 was raised at a well-supported summer fair held at St Mary's Church in Saffron Walden on Saturday.
The church and the parish rooms were bustling with people who bought items from the various stalls and took part in the different activities.
Organiser Bron Ferland said: "It was a great success and there was a lovely atmosphere in the church as families enjoyed the cake stall, the tombola, the handicrafts and all the other fun and games on offer."
Children from St Mary's School as well as local guides and brownies helped to run the event and music was provided by the church's brass band.
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised will be put towards church funds.
- 1 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 2 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 3 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 6 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 7 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 8 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 9 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 10 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor