Church fair hits �4000 mark
ALMOST �4000 was raised at a well-supported summer fair held at St Mary s Church in Saffron Walden. The church and the parish rooms were bustling with people who bought items from the various stalls and took part in the different activities. O
ALMOST �4000 was raised at a well-supported summer fair held at St Mary's Church in Saffron Walden on Saturday.
The church and the parish rooms were bustling with people who bought items from the various stalls and took part in the different activities.
Organiser Bron Ferland said: "It was a great success and there was a lovely atmosphere in the church as families enjoyed the cake stall, the tombola, the handicrafts and all the other fun and games on offer."
Children from St Mary's School as well as local guides and brownies helped to run the event and music was provided by the church's brass band.
You may also want to watch:
All the money raised will be put towards church funds.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'