Cinema into final five for national funding scheme
UTTLESFORD’S cinema Saffron Screen is one of five projects to make it through to the final of a prestigious national funding scheme – thanks to Saffron Insurance.
Aviva’s Community Fund Scheme supports insurance brokers to assist charities and projects. It is open to all insurance brokers in the UK and the winner can secure up to �15,000 for their chosen charity.
Saffron Insurance, based in Saffron Walden High Street, announced this week that its application for Saffron Screen had been successful in getting through to the final five in the ‘Enhancing the local environment’ category.
David Beswick, managing director, said: “Saffron Screen is available to all, and I like the way you can take the children or catch a film with a group of friends. The live feeds for theatres and operas are particularly exciting.”
Julie Kendall, Saffron Screen cinema director, said: “We very much appreciate all the fantastic support we’ve had from Saffron Insurance so far, and we are keeping our fingers crossed for the announcement of the winning project in our category. The support made possible through this fund will mean a great deal for our not-for-profit cinema and our community.”
You may also want to watch:
The finals are being held on April 19.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 10 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge