Classic motorcycle scramble at Stebbing
- Credit: Archant
The Pre 65 Motocross Club will be holding a Classic Motorcycle Scramble at Church Farm, Stebbing, near Dunmow, on Monday.
Practice starts at 10am with racing getting underway at 11am.
This event is exclusively for Classic Motorcycles from the 50s, 60s and 70s and features many of the well loved makes such as BSA, Triumph, Ariel, Greeves plus many others. Pre 1984 sidecars will be competing.
Several of the riders taking part are well know in East Anglia will be competing in programme of 28 races including the Percy Tawn Championships for machines manufactured before 1960, as well as the T and K Weavers Demolition Sidecar Championships.
The track is reached by exiting the new A120 at Dunmow at the junction with the A130 and then travelling along the old A120 (now B1256) where it is signposted to the village of Stebbing, the track being adjacent to the church (postcode CM6 3SW).
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £5 for adults, accompanied children under 12 free.
In case of inclement weather visitors are advised to check the Pre 65 Motocross Club website pre65.co.uk for up to date information.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal