Clavering Art and Craft show a success
- Credit: Celia Bartlett
The 48th annual Clavering Art and Craft Show was popular over the Easter weekend, Saturday to Monday, especially with youngsters trying their hand at the potter’s wheel.
Organiser Andrea Pearce said: “It was very successful and a lot of paintings were sold, many by local artists though some also come from further afield.”
Among the attractions was the chocolate stall with showman, Brian Horton who made it into the 1986 Guinness Book of Records for fire-eating and managing to inflate a 22,000 cubic foot air balloon off the ground.
After 14 years, Andrea is stepping down from her role as organiser because she says she would like to spend her Easters with her new grandson.
Volunteer Joanna Harris said: “We would like to thank Andrea for all her hard work over the years.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrea added: “It’s a team effort by volunteers from the village and many have been helping longer than I have.”
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings