Clavering Art and Craft show a success
- Credit: Celia Bartlett
The 48th annual Clavering Art and Craft Show was popular over the Easter weekend, Saturday to Monday, especially with youngsters trying their hand at the potter’s wheel.
Organiser Andrea Pearce said: “It was very successful and a lot of paintings were sold, many by local artists though some also come from further afield.”
Among the attractions was the chocolate stall with showman, Brian Horton who made it into the 1986 Guinness Book of Records for fire-eating and managing to inflate a 22,000 cubic foot air balloon off the ground.
After 14 years, Andrea is stepping down from her role as organiser because she says she would like to spend her Easters with her new grandson.
Volunteer Joanna Harris said: “We would like to thank Andrea for all her hard work over the years.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrea added: “It’s a team effort by volunteers from the village and many have been helping longer than I have.”
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge