Clavering children lap up fun run
ON YOUR marks, get set, go! Children at Clavering Primary School were under starter s orders as they prepared to take part in a fun run last Friday. More than 140 youngsters, aged between five and 10, were sponsored to run laps of the school grounds on St
ON YOUR marks, get set, go! Children at Clavering Primary School were under starter's orders as they prepared to take part in a fun run last Friday.
More than 140 youngsters, aged between five and 10, were sponsored to run laps of the school grounds on Stortford Road.
Chairman of the Friends of Clavering School Committee, Rebecca Stanford, said: "The children really enjoyed taking part and they loved the competitive element of trying to run as many laps as possible.
"It was a whole-school event and it was lovely to see many of the older children stop to help the younger ones.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully we have raised lots of money which will go towards buying equipment for the students such as an interactive white board and a digital camera."
The children were able to run as many laps as they wanted and the distances achieved ranged from four or five laps to more than 20.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
Parents and volunteers helped to man the four stations which marked out the course and provided drinks.
At the end of the fun run every child was given a treat and there was also a prize for the person who collected the most different sponsors.