Clavering children lap up fun run
ON YOUR marks, get set, go! Children at Clavering Primary School were under starter s orders as they prepared to take part in a fun run last Friday. More than 140 youngsters, aged between five and 10, were sponsored to run laps of the school grounds on St
ON YOUR marks, get set, go! Children at Clavering Primary School were under starter's orders as they prepared to take part in a fun run last Friday.
More than 140 youngsters, aged between five and 10, were sponsored to run laps of the school grounds on Stortford Road.
Chairman of the Friends of Clavering School Committee, Rebecca Stanford, said: "The children really enjoyed taking part and they loved the competitive element of trying to run as many laps as possible.
"It was a whole-school event and it was lovely to see many of the older children stop to help the younger ones.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully we have raised lots of money which will go towards buying equipment for the students such as an interactive white board and a digital camera."
The children were able to run as many laps as they wanted and the distances achieved ranged from four or five laps to more than 20.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
Parents and volunteers helped to man the four stations which marked out the course and provided drinks.
At the end of the fun run every child was given a treat and there was also a prize for the person who collected the most different sponsors.