Clavering Christmas bazaar raises over �1,000
PUPILS and their families enjoyed a busy Christmas Bazaar at Clavering Primary School on Friday – and raised �1,120.
The school hall and class rooms were packed with children, parents, grandparents and teachers enjoying old favourites such as the soft toy, bottle and jam jar tombolas, nail painting, craft stalls and plenty of games.
A long queue of children waited to visit Santa and his helper in the Grotto whilst parents sampled home-made cakes and tea on sale.
During the afternoon Clavering Primary School Choir performed to the crowd in preparation for The Spirit of Christmas concert held at St Mary’s Church, Saffron Walden the following day.
The annual Christmas Bazaar is organised by The Friends of Clavering (FOC) to raise money for school projects and equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Barker, chairman of FOC, said: “The Christmas Bazaar is a traditional feature in the Friends of Clavering calendar of events. We are very grateful to all parents and staff who put in a great deal of hard work to make sure money is raised for the benefit of the school and our children.”
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal