Clavering Christmas bazaar raises over �1,000
PUPILS and their families enjoyed a busy Christmas Bazaar at Clavering Primary School on Friday – and raised �1,120.
The school hall and class rooms were packed with children, parents, grandparents and teachers enjoying old favourites such as the soft toy, bottle and jam jar tombolas, nail painting, craft stalls and plenty of games.
A long queue of children waited to visit Santa and his helper in the Grotto whilst parents sampled home-made cakes and tea on sale.
During the afternoon Clavering Primary School Choir performed to the crowd in preparation for The Spirit of Christmas concert held at St Mary’s Church, Saffron Walden the following day.
The annual Christmas Bazaar is organised by The Friends of Clavering (FOC) to raise money for school projects and equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Barker, chairman of FOC, said: “The Christmas Bazaar is a traditional feature in the Friends of Clavering calendar of events. We are very grateful to all parents and staff who put in a great deal of hard work to make sure money is raised for the benefit of the school and our children.”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return