Clavering woman posts own CCTV footage of thieves raiding her car on social media
- Credit: Archant
A Clavering woman has released her own CCTV footage in the hope of finding two thieves who stole hairdressing equipment from her car overnight.
Suzanne Walling, 42, of Skeins Way, posted the video on Facebook, which sees two assailants helping themselves from the unlocked Kia Rio on her driveway at around 2.40am on Saturday morning.
Mrs Walling, who works as a hairdresser, said she had CCTV installed at her property a few months ago after learning of several other break-ins and shed thefts in the village.
The mum-of-two said the equipment is worth around £200 and that she believes her car was not the only one targeted in the village overnight.
She said: “I don’t make a habit of leaving my car unlocked but unfortunately it was on this occasion. Since posting it on Facebook, I know there were at least four other attempts to break into cars in Clavering that night. You can actually see them on the CCTV checking out other people’s cars.
You may also want to watch:
“We had the CCTV put up a couple of months ago, but this is still not the sort of thing you expect to happen in a quiet cul-de-sac. It’s lucky we did have really.
“Hopefully putting the footage out there might put a bit of pressure on whoever did it, and perhaps someone might be able to identify them.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
“I’d also like to make people aware of this, and to remind them to lock their cars at all times.”
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Police are investigating a theft from a grey Kia Rio which was parked in Skeins Way in Clavering.
“Hairdressing equipment was stolen from the vehicle between 8pm on June 10 and 8.15am on June 11. Anyone with information is asked to contact Essex Police on 101.”