Clerk stresses no decision on Saffron Walden food bank
It is hoped a food bank will be launched from the Garden Room, in Saffron Walden.
Talks are ongoing about the possibility of running the initiative from the Jubilee Gardens hub – but town clerk Simon Lloyd was quick to stress nothing had been confirmed.
Food banks store food which has been donated by members of the community for the benefit of others during times of personal financial crisis.
They are designed to help less- fortunate residents by providing free emergency food over a three-day period – the minimum time it takes for agencies to be in a position to assist those who need help.
Tickets would likely be available from churches or the Salvation Army and the Garden Room used as the storage centre.
You may also want to watch:
The food bank is being set up in partnership with the district council, town council, local churches, the Citizens Advice Bureau, the Salvation Army and Volunteer Centre Uttlesford, and is supported by Waitrose.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out