Click! Arts Trust has a new website
A NEW website promoting arts events in Saffron Walden and surrounding villages has been launched. The Saffron Walden Arts Trust (SWAT) has created the site as an easy-to-use and comprehensive guide to what is happening in the town. The website – www.artsinwalden.org.uk
A NEW website promoting arts events in Saffron Walden and surrounding villages has been launched.
The Saffron Walden Arts Trust (SWAT) has created the site as an easy-to-use and comprehensive guide to what is happening in the town.
The website - www.artsinwalden.org.uk - is free to use for organisers of all types of arts including music, visual arts, film, performing arts, and poetry and book readings.
Chairman Peter Upson said: "There has long been a need for a single dedicated source of arts event information for the town and surrounding areas.
"It provides a great opportunity for organisers to advertise their events and promote the arts in Saffron Walden."
The site, which was funded in part by a donation from the Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival Committee, has been developed in conjunction with the Tourist Information Centre, in Market Square, and the Saffron Walden Initiative.
- 1 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 2 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 3 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
SWAT is a charity with the aim to encourage and promote artistic enterprises of all kinds, with a long term goal of creating an Arts Centre for the Saffron Walden community which has dedicated facilities for visual and performing arts.
SWAT has itself supported and organised many events in the town, including the Mayors Appeal Art Fair in November.
The charity is also involved with the Saffron Screen Community Cinema and runs the Riverslade Gallery in Hill Street.
People can upload their events onto the website themselves by following the on-screen instructions, or by contacting Mr Upson at email@example.com