Click! Arts Trust has a new website
A NEW website promoting arts events in Saffron Walden and surrounding villages has been launched. The Saffron Walden Arts Trust (SWAT) has created the site as an easy-to-use and comprehensive guide to what is happening in the town. The website – www.artsinwalden.org.uk
A NEW website promoting arts events in Saffron Walden and surrounding villages has been launched.
The Saffron Walden Arts Trust (SWAT) has created the site as an easy-to-use and comprehensive guide to what is happening in the town.
The website - www.artsinwalden.org.uk - is free to use for organisers of all types of arts including music, visual arts, film, performing arts, and poetry and book readings.
Chairman Peter Upson said: "There has long been a need for a single dedicated source of arts event information for the town and surrounding areas.
You may also want to watch:
"It provides a great opportunity for organisers to advertise their events and promote the arts in Saffron Walden."
The site, which was funded in part by a donation from the Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival Committee, has been developed in conjunction with the Tourist Information Centre, in Market Square, and the Saffron Walden Initiative.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
SWAT is a charity with the aim to encourage and promote artistic enterprises of all kinds, with a long term goal of creating an Arts Centre for the Saffron Walden community which has dedicated facilities for visual and performing arts.
SWAT has itself supported and organised many events in the town, including the Mayors Appeal Art Fair in November.
The charity is also involved with the Saffron Screen Community Cinema and runs the Riverslade Gallery in Hill Street.
People can upload their events onto the website themselves by following the on-screen instructions, or by contacting Mr Upson at firstname.lastname@example.org