Clocks go forward an hour tonight as 2012 British Summer Time begins
DON’T forget to set your clocks forward by one hour tonight to mark the start of British Summer Time.
It officially begins at 1am on Sunday, when clocks should be put forward to 2am as the UK moves out of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
It does mean we all lose an hour in bed but on the plus side there’s plenty to look forward with the longer evenings and summer just around the corner...and it starts this weekend!
Why not go along to the H.M.S. Lapwing reunion on Saturday from 2pm in the Close Gardens in Saffron Walden? To read more about the fascinating story about how the town clubbed together to raise more than �250,000 to adopt a World War II escort ship, click on the related link to the right.
Sports-wise there are a variety of events happening on Sunday.
Residents across the district will be donning their running gear and fancy dress outfits for the Sport Relief mile, taking place in Newport, Great Chesterford and Dunmow. Saffron Striders is organising the Saffron Walden Mile which will be held at Newport Free Grammar School from 12noon. While over at the Chesterfords Community Centre, the fun starts at 10am with a Zumba warm-up.
One of the largest sporting events in the area will also be held in Saffron Walden on Sunday when the Wendens Ambo Mini Rugby Club holds its annual rugby festival at Carver Barracks in Wimbish from 10am.
- 1 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 2 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 3 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 4 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 5 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 6 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 7 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 8 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 9 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
And when do the clocks go back you ask? No until October 28 - when we can all enjoy that extra hour!
• Remember to upload your photos from the weekend’s events at cambridgeshire.iwitness24.co.uk or download the free app for your phone.