Colour Chaos at museum
SAFFRON Walden Museum is holding a day of Colour Chaos later this month to mark National Science and Engineering Week. The day of drop-in activities will take place on Saturday March 14, giving youngsters the opportunity to get involved in all manner of
SAFFRON Walden Museum is holding a day of 'Colour Chaos' later this month to mark National Science and Engineering Week.
The day of drop-in activities will take place on Saturday March 14, giving youngsters the opportunity to get involved in all manner of fun scientific pursuits.
As well as activities, visitors will also be able to enjoy a selection of colourful birds and butterflies from the museum's collections.
Visitor services officer for the museum, Maureen Evans, said: "This day of light-hearted science-based activities should be a lot of fun for everyone who comes along.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a good opportunity to learn something while having a really good time.
"For those who don't take part in the actual activities, there's still an entire museum's worth of fascinating exhibits to take in, including the new exhibition - Origins: Creatures and Cultures from Around the World - which shows some of the early arrivals in one of the oldest museums in the country."
- 1 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 2 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
There will be two drop-in sessions on the day: one between 11am and 1pm; the other between 2pm and 4pm.
There is no extra charge for the sessions, but normal admission rates apply: �1 for adults, 50p for discounts and no charge for children - although all children must be accompanied by an adult.