Come-and-have-a-try sessions with Saffron Walden Bellringers
SAFFRON Walden Bellringers are holding a come-and-have-a-try session in a bid to get new talent to join their group. The open evening takes place at the ringing tower at St Mary s Church, Saffron Walden on Tuesday September 8 when everyone will be welco
SAFFRON Walden Bellringers are holding a 'come-and-have-a-try' session in a bid to get new talent to join their group.
The open evening takes place at the ringing tower at St Mary's Church, Saffron Walden on Tuesday September 8 when everyone will be welcome to have a try.
A group spokesman said: "Bellringing is a great way to stimulate your brain and to keep fit, to make new friends, learn a new activity, and maybe get to visit some amazing places.
"Anyone can learn to ring bells, no musical knowledge needed. We are a sociable, friendly group, always ready to welcome new people to join us."
You may also want to watch:
The social group will also be holding a stand at Societies Showcase 2009 at the Town Hall on Saturday (September 5) from 10am to 3pm.
The event is being organised by Saffron Walden Initiative with the aim of highlighting the numerous clubs and societies which bring together people with common interests.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 5 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 6 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 7 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 8 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 9 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
Anyone looking to expand their interests, meet new people, or those wanting to know what is happening in the town can simply pop along to the event. Over 30 clubs and societies will be on hand to explain their activities and to welcome new members.
For more details about the Saffron Walden Bellringers or to join the group on practice nights, call Katrina Bond (01799 542830), Nick Eldred (501045) or Roger Collins (521991).