Come to sunny South Cambs!
Business leaders have welcomed a ‘one-stop shop’ website aimed at making it easier to do business in South Cambridgeshire.
Cambridge Plus (www.cambridge-plus.com) brings together information about what the district can offer businesses, and a picture of what life is like in South Cambridgeshire – an area consistently voted in polls as one of the top places to live and work in the country.
By offering companies from the UK and abroad an easier way to “step-in” to the district, “sit-down” and look at how it is a business friendly area, and “set-up” by finding a business location or the support available, council bosses aim to increase the number of firms choosing the area to do business and in turn create new jobs.
Cambridge Plus features case studies of leading firms representing key sectors found in the area, ranging from high technology and science, to agriculture and tourism. These real world examples show the range of companies that have already set up and are being successful in the area.
Businesses and anyone looking to set up a new company can now log on to www.cambridge-plus.com to find out more.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Nick Wright, South Cambridgeshire District Council’s cabinet member for economic development, said: “South Cambridgeshire is consistently recognised as one of the best areas in the UK to live and work and is a hotspot for business. By helping firms have easy access to all the support, advice and information provided by us and our partners, we strongly believe we can help the area go from strength to strength and continue to play a key role in pulling the country out of the recession.”
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40