A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- Credit: Big Deal Comedy Club
A Cambridge comedy club is coming back to Saffron Walden for the first time since the pandemic began.
Big Deal Comedy Club has resumed live gigs which started in Cambridge last month (May), and has announced it will come to Fairycroft House on October 16.
Big Deal organiser Leanne Clarke said a return to live comedy is a confidence boost for performers, new and old.
She said: "We're really excited to return to Fairycroft.
"It always brings a supportive crowd, so we're hoping everyone can return, depending on coronavirus regulations.
You may also want to watch:
"Throughout Covid we really struggled online. Live comedy thrives on the atmosphere and being with friends."
She added some new performers have come forward in lockdown.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
"But sadly, some acts have been unable to hold on from a year of lost income," Leanne said.
Tickets are now on sale. Get them via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/stand-up-comedy-night-tickets-151372024801