Community groups in Essex invited to apply for grants
COMMUNITY groups across Essex are invited to apply for grants from the Community Initiatives Fund. The fund, now in its fifth round, has so far distributed �9 million to 1000 groups with grants ranging from a few hundred pounds to tens of thousands of pou
COMMUNITY groups across Essex are invited to apply for grants from the Community Initiatives Fund.
The fund, now in its fifth round, has so far distributed �9 million to 1000 groups with grants ranging from a few hundred pounds to tens of thousands of pounds. The fund is divided equally between the county's 12 districts and boroughs with up to �100,000 available for each district in the current round.
Essex County Councillor John Jowers, Cabinet Member for Localism and Planning, said: "The unique thing about this initiative is that the judging panel for each district is made up of local representatives, enabling local people to decide which local projects they wish to support. This is a perfect example of localism working at its best."
Potential applicants have until Friday November 6 to submit an application. The panels will then meet in February and March 2010 to determine the outcome of the applications.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.communityinitiativesfund.co.uk or call 07929 543 523 for a paper application form and guidelines.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 9 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire