Community Project Grant Scheme: Cash available from Uttlesford District Council
Grant awards will be made to properly-constituted voluntary organisations or similar bodies in the district, such as village hall committees, community shops, town and parish councils, community associations and play and recreation clubs and groups.
Grants will be considered for expenditure incurred in the provision of any of the following:
• Development of land for recreational purposes, including environmental improvements
• Buildings/facilities that are available for community use, such as village halls, community centres and public conveniences
• Car parks and access roads to car parks directly associated with a community use building
You may also want to watch:
• Children’s play areas, including equipment and safety surfacing
• Improvement, refurbishment or extension to any of the facilities outlined above
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 3 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
• Essential equipment that contributes significantly to the aims and objectives of the project
• Training or a one-off staffing cost that contributes significantly to the development of the project or increases benefit to the community (wages and salaries cannot be paid)
Projects must be started after April 1, 2012 and completed before March 20, 2013. The minimum grant available is �100 and the maximum is �3,500.
If the application is for more than �1,000, the amount raised by the applicant must represent at least 50 per cent of the total project cost. In the case of an application for less than �1,000, the applicant must have raised 25pc.
Application forms should be returned to the council by no later than 12noon on Thursday June 14, 2012.
This grant is specifically designed for sporting organisations and individuals who want to develop further by purchasing new equipment, undertaking training or delivering courses in the community. Projects must benefit individuals or residents of Uttlesford.
Leisure and Cultural Grant
This grant is specifically designed for talented individuals, non-profit-making organisations and local charities providing services to or for the community and/or for the purpose of assisting the arts and cultural clubs. This could include equipment, training or coaches. Projects must benefit individuals or residents of Uttlesford.
The maximum grant available for both these schemes is �500 and applicants must have raised pound for pound match funding towards their particular project. Decisions will be made by the 1st of each month providing the application form reaches the community development officer by the 16th of the preceding month. Successful applicants will be sent their grant within two weeks of the date of the decision.
Grants will be considered according to the following criteria:
• Local branches of national organisations are eligible to apply.
• Individuals must demonstrate that they have applied to other funding organisations if they are applying for equipment.
• Applications for those resident/established for less than six months will not be considered.
• No more than one successful application can be submitted within the financial year.
• Grants will not be given for ongoing costs and projects which have already taken place.
• The scheme will not fund capital expenditure or maintenance costs towards premises or playing fields.
If you require an application form or further information on any of the above grants, please contact Sue Hayden, community development officer, on 01799 510563 or email email@example.com