Competition to find football pitch to makeover
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches. Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the Pitch To Win competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.
Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk, offering one lucky football team the opportunity to win a free pitch makeover worth up to �4000.
Other prizes up for grabs for the winning team include a ride-on lawnmower worth �3000 and a cheque for �1000. The two runners up will each bag themselves cash prizes of �1000 and �500 for team expenses.
The competition is open to anyone involved with a non-professional under 18's football club. Entrants will be asked to explain why their pitch deserves a makeover, provide accompanying photographs and also information about their team.
A panel of judges, including groundsmen from two professional football clubs, will choose the winning pitches.
For more information on the competition and to enter visit www.pitchtowin.org.uk or call 01332 258335.
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 4 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 5 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 6 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'
- 9 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 10 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
The competition will run until Friday March 27.