Competition to find football pitch to makeover
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches. Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the Pitch To Win competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.
Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk, offering one lucky football team the opportunity to win a free pitch makeover worth up to �4000.
Other prizes up for grabs for the winning team include a ride-on lawnmower worth �3000 and a cheque for �1000. The two runners up will each bag themselves cash prizes of �1000 and �500 for team expenses.
The competition is open to anyone involved with a non-professional under 18's football club. Entrants will be asked to explain why their pitch deserves a makeover, provide accompanying photographs and also information about their team.
A panel of judges, including groundsmen from two professional football clubs, will choose the winning pitches.
For more information on the competition and to enter visit www.pitchtowin.org.uk or call 01332 258335.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 IN PICTURES: Elbow's Heritage Live headline concert at Audley End House and Gardens
- 3 IN PICTURES: Simple Minds kick off this year's Heritage Live concerts at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 5 'Group of youths' set fire to football ground in Saffron Walden
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 9 Benkenstein bags six of the best as Essex Eagles thrash Glamorgan
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
The competition will run until Friday March 27.