Competition to find football pitch to makeover
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches. Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the Pitch To Win competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.
Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk, offering one lucky football team the opportunity to win a free pitch makeover worth up to �4000.
Other prizes up for grabs for the winning team include a ride-on lawnmower worth �3000 and a cheque for �1000. The two runners up will each bag themselves cash prizes of �1000 and �500 for team expenses.
The competition is open to anyone involved with a non-professional under 18's football club. Entrants will be asked to explain why their pitch deserves a makeover, provide accompanying photographs and also information about their team.
You may also want to watch:
A panel of judges, including groundsmen from two professional football clubs, will choose the winning pitches.
For more information on the competition and to enter visit www.pitchtowin.org.uk or call 01332 258335.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 6 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 7 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
The competition will run until Friday March 27.