Competition to find football pitch to makeover
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches. Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the Pitch To Win competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.
Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk, offering one lucky football team the opportunity to win a free pitch makeover worth up to �4000.
Other prizes up for grabs for the winning team include a ride-on lawnmower worth �3000 and a cheque for �1000. The two runners up will each bag themselves cash prizes of �1000 and �500 for team expenses.
The competition is open to anyone involved with a non-professional under 18's football club. Entrants will be asked to explain why their pitch deserves a makeover, provide accompanying photographs and also information about their team.
You may also want to watch:
A panel of judges, including groundsmen from two professional football clubs, will choose the winning pitches.
For more information on the competition and to enter visit www.pitchtowin.org.uk or call 01332 258335.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
The competition will run until Friday March 27.