Competition to find football pitch to makeover
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches. Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the Pitch To Win competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk
SPORT enthusiasts in Saffron Walden are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.
Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer, Briggs & Stratton, has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk, offering one lucky football team the opportunity to win a free pitch makeover worth up to �4000.
Other prizes up for grabs for the winning team include a ride-on lawnmower worth �3000 and a cheque for �1000. The two runners up will each bag themselves cash prizes of �1000 and �500 for team expenses.
The competition is open to anyone involved with a non-professional under 18's football club. Entrants will be asked to explain why their pitch deserves a makeover, provide accompanying photographs and also information about their team.
You may also want to watch:
A panel of judges, including groundsmen from two professional football clubs, will choose the winning pitches.
For more information on the competition and to enter visit www.pitchtowin.org.uk or call 01332 258335.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
The competition will run until Friday March 27.