Competition: Win tickets for authentic recreation of Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest at Chelmsford Civic Theatre
- Credit: Archant
“TO lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.”
Oscar Wilde’s theatrical masterpiece The Importance of Being Earnest is widely-acknowledged as one of the greatest comedies in the English language. It has a cast of wonderful characters, sparkling dialogue, gloriously improbable plot twists and a sprinkling of romance.
The London Classic Theatre will be bringing their stunningly authentic recreation to the Chelmsford Civic Theatre from March 21-22.
Jack is in love with Gwendolen. Algernon is in love with Cecily. But when an identity crisis spirals out of control, the previously separate worlds of town and country collide and delicious mayhem ensues. Thoughts of marriage and a happy ending must be put on hold until the inimitable Lady Bracknell can be convinced that the young men are worthy suitors.
The Importance of Being Earnest has delighted millions since its first London performance in 1895. A scintillating comedy of manners, Oscr Wilde’s best-loved work overflows with dazzling wordplay and comic invention.
You may also want to watch:
LCT promise to bring this 19th Century classic to vivid, extravagant life with their customary flair, perfect comedic timing, attention to detail, high-quality casting and impeccable production values. This is a great opportunity to watch a classic piece of theatre expertly produced and performed by a company committed to producing challenging, accessible drama of the highest quality.
Tickets, £16.50/£15 (concessions £15/£14.50 - there is a group rate of £1 off all tickets + 1 in 10 free) can can be booked online at chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres or by calling the Box Office on 01245 606505.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
The Reporter has teamed up with the Civic Theatre to offer readers the chance to WIN a pair of tickets to the Thursday March 21 performance.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question:
In what century did Oscar Wilde write The Importance of Being Earnest?
A - 18th
B - 19th
C - 20th
E-mail your answer, including your name, address and a contact telephone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon on Monday March 18. Winners will be chose nat random.