COMPETITION: Win tickets to see BoneyM
WIN tickets to probably the best Christmas party ever to hit Saffron Walden and dance the night away to pop legends Boney M. The party is being held in Saffron Walden Town Hall on Saturday December 19 and the Saffron Walden Reporter has two pairs o
WIN tickets to probably the best Christmas party ever to hit Saffron Walden and dance the night away to pop legends Boney M.
The party is being held in Saffron Walden Town Hall on Saturday December 19 and the Saffron Walden Reporter has two pairs of tickets to give away.
Hosted by the Saffron Walden Round Table, this Christmas concert will not only be a night to remember, but will also raise money for local charities.
Round Table chairman, Jason Thomson, said: "This will be an exciting night for Saffron Walden and a fantastic party to remember.
You may also want to watch:
"With the town's support Round Table look forward to bringing back the magic of Disco and raising valuable funds to put back into the community."
Boney M enjoyed massive success in the UK and across Europe in the 1970s and 80s with three number one albums - Nightflight to Venus, Oceans of Fantasy and The Magic of Boney M.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
With a host of classic tunes including Rasputin, Brown Girl in the Ring and Daddy Cool our competition winners will be singing along with Maisie Williams and her band as they recreate the glittering vibe of 70s dancehalls.
BoneyM will be supported by local band Van Gogh's Ear who will keep the tempo high, the atmosphere electric and dance floor rocking until midnight.
If you are not lucky enough to win tickets you can buy them for �20 from the Tourist Information Centre on Saffron Walden Market Square.
The event is a standing only, over-18s night with a licensed bar. Round Table members will run and manage the event.
What was the name of Boney M's 1978 chart-topping hit?
a) Rivers of Amazon
b) Rivers of Babylon
c) Rivers of Thames
Answers must be in writing and posted to the Saffron Walden Reporter's office at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, CB10 1EE. Answers must be in by noon on Friday December 4 and the winners will be revealed in the next edition of the paper.