Competitive spirit at Essex village's fun day
A COMPETITIVE spirit was on display between the dads at Littlebury s annual fun day on Sunday. As well as the wheelbarrow races there was also a tug-of-war trophy which was won by the Littlebury Yankers. And keeping the whole family entertained were activ
A COMPETITIVE spirit was on display between the dads at Littlebury's annual fun day on Sunday.
As well as the wheelbarrow races there was also a tug-of-war trophy which was won by the Littlebury Yankers.
And keeping the whole family entertained were activities including a bouncy fun run, a pole joust, a target golf course, a tin can alley, a tennis challenge, a drawing competition and face painting.
New for this year was the light-hearted harvest show which included categories such as the heaviest marrow, the longest runner bean and the weirdest or ugliest vegetable.
You may also want to watch:
Littlebury residents showed their creative side, as there was stiff competition for prizes for the jams and chutneys, and the children had created a menagerie of inspired 'Vegemals' - animals put together from all sorts of fruits and vegetables.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing