Compost giveaways for Uttlesford residents
GREEN fingered Uttlesford residents can get their hands on free compost this weekend.
Uttlesford District Council’s 2011 compost giveaway takes place over two weekends in May.
The soil improver will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis. Residents will need to bring their own bags to take the compost away.
Waste and recycling officer Catherine Aukland said: “There is always a high demand for the compost so please make sure you get to a collection point in plenty of time.”
All sites will run from 9am to 3pm, or until supplies run out.
You may also want to watch:
The dates and locations are:
Saturday May 21 – Great Dunmow (Chequers Lane Car Park)
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel
Saturday May 21 – Stansted (Lower Street Car Park)
Sunday May 22– Thaxted (Margaret Street Car Park)
Sunday May 22 - Saffron Walden (Swan Meadow Car Park)
Saturday May 28 – Takeley (Sports Field)