Compost giveaways for Uttlesford residents
GREEN fingered Uttlesford residents can get their hands on free compost this weekend.
Uttlesford District Council’s 2011 compost giveaway takes place over two weekends in May.
The soil improver will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis. Residents will need to bring their own bags to take the compost away.
Waste and recycling officer Catherine Aukland said: “There is always a high demand for the compost so please make sure you get to a collection point in plenty of time.”
All sites will run from 9am to 3pm, or until supplies run out.
You may also want to watch:
The dates and locations are:
Saturday May 21 – Great Dunmow (Chequers Lane Car Park)
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
Saturday May 21 – Stansted (Lower Street Car Park)
Sunday May 22– Thaxted (Margaret Street Car Park)
Sunday May 22 - Saffron Walden (Swan Meadow Car Park)
Saturday May 28 – Takeley (Sports Field)