Concerns increase over missing Essex 82-year-old Gordon Wilson, who may have travelled to Glasgow
- Credit: Archant
The family of a missing 82-year-old man from Leaden Roding are increasing worried about his welfare.
Gordon Wilson was last seen on Sunday (October 25) at about 11am when he was spotted by his neighbours.
Every week, Mr Wilson has Sunday lunch with his daughter Lesley Rankin, who called him at 2pm to let him know the clocks had changed.
He did not answer his phone and was not home when Ms Rankin arrived to pick him up at 4pm.
Mr Wilson, who suffers from vascular dementia, is thought to have left home on foot with a small amount of cash and some of his medication.
Officers believe he was seen at Chelmsford Bus Station at 12.52pm on Sunday, when he got off the Arriva 59 bus which runs between Harlow and Chelmsford.
Mr Wilson’s daughter Gillian Wilson said: “We think there is a high possibility he is trying to go to Glasgow.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
“He moved from Scotland to Essex 11 years ago and spent 71 years in Glasgow, where he was a former headmaster at Shawlands Academy, so knows the city well.
“Many of his former pupils are tweeting and sharing posts on Facebook as part of the appeal to find him and we are touched by everyone’s concern and assistance.”
Mr Wilson is known to enjoy long walks and has a bus pass that he may be using to travel.
His daughters said his ill health means he can become confused and have difficulty speaking.
Chief Insp Alan Cook said: “We are continuing to make extensive enquiries to find Mr Wilson and would appeal for anyone who has seen him to contact us as a matter of urgency.”
Mr Wilson is described as 5ft 11ins tall, of medium build with grey thinning hair. He wears glasses and was last seen wearing a sports jacket which is either checked or navy, and will usually wear a shirt, tie and jumper.
INFORMATION: Anyone who sees him is asked to contact police at Chelmsford on 101.