Consultation launched over future of Uttlesford
CONSULTATION to plot a course for Uttlesford over the next 10 years is underway. The consultation is conducted by Uttlesford Futures, the district s local strategic partnership – a collaboration of organisations including the district and county councils,
CONSULTATION to plot a course for Uttlesford over the next 10 years is underway.
The consultation is conducted by Uttlesford Futures, the district's local strategic partnership - a collaboration of organisations including the district and county councils, police, fire service and the NHS - which works to plan for the district's future.
It considers social, environmental and economic factors and seeks to identify ho services can be improved between now and 2018.
Underpinning the work is the Sustainable Community Strategy, a comprehensive document created last year which set out the partnership's aims and how it hopes to achieve them over the next decade.
You may also want to watch:
Uttlesford Futures is currently updating the strategy and is looking for input from the local community through a consultation questionnaire.
Chairman of Uttlesford Futures, Cllr Howard Rolfe, said: "The questionnaire won't take long to fill out and will help us determine what our priorities should be.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
"The more people that complete the consultation, the more valuable the strategy will be."
The questionnaire can be completed in a few minutes by visiting www.uttlesford.gov.uk/consultation and clicking on the Local Strategic Partnership Sustainable Community Strategy Consultation link.
If you do not have access to the internet, you can request a hard copy by calling partnerships officer Kerry Vinton on 01799 510449. The closing date for responses is Friday November 20.