Cooking on a budget: TV chef Jamie Oliver donates new recipe book to Essex libraries
FAMILIES in Essex will be able to cook up a treat as Jamie Oliver’s new book is now in libraries across the county.
Save With Jamie meets the public demand for a cookbook about exciting food that does not cost a fortune to create.
Essex County Council (ECC) has dispatched a copy of the book to the 74 libraries in Essex.
Oliver said: “We know from the fabulous work that libraries do every day that everyone deserves a chance to learn basic skills that can improve everyday lives.
“Reading and cooking are two of those skills for sure. I will admit I have been a late developer with the first, but I can definitely help with the second.”
You may also want to watch:
For the next few weeks Essex libraries will be highlighting books that promote a healthy lifestyle, living within a budget and other celebrity chef titles.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital