Cooking on a budget: TV chef Jamie Oliver donates new recipe book to Essex libraries
FAMILIES in Essex will be able to cook up a treat as Jamie Oliver’s new book is now in libraries across the county.
Save With Jamie meets the public demand for a cookbook about exciting food that does not cost a fortune to create.
Essex County Council (ECC) has dispatched a copy of the book to the 74 libraries in Essex.
Oliver said: “We know from the fabulous work that libraries do every day that everyone deserves a chance to learn basic skills that can improve everyday lives.
“Reading and cooking are two of those skills for sure. I will admit I have been a late developer with the first, but I can definitely help with the second.”
You may also want to watch:
For the next few weeks Essex libraries will be highlighting books that promote a healthy lifestyle, living within a budget and other celebrity chef titles.
- 1 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 7 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 8 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 9 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows