Cooking on a budget: TV chef Jamie Oliver donates new recipe book to Essex libraries
FAMILIES in Essex will be able to cook up a treat as Jamie Oliver’s new book is now in libraries across the county.
Save With Jamie meets the public demand for a cookbook about exciting food that does not cost a fortune to create.
Essex County Council (ECC) has dispatched a copy of the book to the 74 libraries in Essex.
Oliver said: “We know from the fabulous work that libraries do every day that everyone deserves a chance to learn basic skills that can improve everyday lives.
“Reading and cooking are two of those skills for sure. I will admit I have been a late developer with the first, but I can definitely help with the second.”
You may also want to watch:
For the next few weeks Essex libraries will be highlighting books that promote a healthy lifestyle, living within a budget and other celebrity chef titles.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex