Cost-price equipment available to skaters at Saffron Walden's One Minet Park
SKATEBOARDERS, rollerbladers, BMX bikers and scooter riders will all be able to by helmets, at cost price, during Saffron Walden s late night shopping event. Everyone who uses the One Minet Park at the rear of the Lord Butler Leisure Centre on Peaslands R
SKATEBOARDERS, rollerbladers, BMX bikers and scooter riders will all be able to by helmets, at cost price, during Saffron Walden's late night shopping event.
Everyone who uses the One Minet Park at the rear of the Lord Butler Leisure Centre on Peaslands Road will be able to take advantage of the offer during tomorrow's (Friday's) event.
The Saffron Walden Skate Group has purchased the helmets with money granted to them by the Uttlesford Youth Initiatives Working Group.
The Skate Group has 60 helmets which will be on sale for �15 each at their stall to be located near to the library on the Market Square during late night shopping. The helmets come in three sizes, and in two colours, black or white, and with a selection of stickers.
You may also want to watch:
The helmets are also available from the secretary of the Skate Group, Jane Clarke, on 07967 444321. It is recommended that skaters wear helmets and other protective gear at all times when on the skatepark.
The group has also been awarded funding to provide first aid training so that young people can feel confident in dealing with a casualty until professional help arrives. This is important training which they can take into the community as well as using on the park.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending