Could you be an on-call firefighter? Recruitment process under way in Linton
- Credit: Archant
ON-call firefighters are being recruited in Linton.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service is holding an open day at Linton fire station, in Balsham Road, on Saturday (June 8) from 10am to 3pm for people to pop in and find out more about becoming an on-call firefighter.
Information will be available about being an on-call firefighter including the requirements, assessments and the training candidates experience. Those interested can take a look at firefighting equipment and speak with current on-call firefighters based at the station about their experiences in the role.
On-call firefighters are fully-trained professionals who save lives in their communities alongside their day-to-day jobs and home lives. They carry a pager and respond to emergency incidents as and when they happen.
They are men and women who may have other jobs and are able to provide evening, daytime or weekend cover. They receive an annual wage to reflect the time they commit plus additional payments for attending drill nights and incidents.
You may also want to watch:
Recruitment officers from the service will also be on hand to answer any questions. If you are unable to attend and would like more information about becoming an on-call firefighter, log on to cambsfire.gov.uk/recruitment or call 01480 444500.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir