Could you be an on-call firefighter? Recruitment process under way in Linton
- Credit: Archant
ON-call firefighters are being recruited in Linton.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service is holding an open day at Linton fire station, in Balsham Road, on Saturday (June 8) from 10am to 3pm for people to pop in and find out more about becoming an on-call firefighter.
Information will be available about being an on-call firefighter including the requirements, assessments and the training candidates experience. Those interested can take a look at firefighting equipment and speak with current on-call firefighters based at the station about their experiences in the role.
On-call firefighters are fully-trained professionals who save lives in their communities alongside their day-to-day jobs and home lives. They carry a pager and respond to emergency incidents as and when they happen.
They are men and women who may have other jobs and are able to provide evening, daytime or weekend cover. They receive an annual wage to reflect the time they commit plus additional payments for attending drill nights and incidents.
You may also want to watch:
Recruitment officers from the service will also be on hand to answer any questions. If you are unable to attend and would like more information about becoming an on-call firefighter, log on to cambsfire.gov.uk/recruitment or call 01480 444500.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections