Council’s guide to recycling on its way
NOT sure which bin to put your yoghurt pot in? Unclear whether foil can be recycled? Don’t know where to take your hedge cuttings?
The answer to all these questions, and much more information besides, is at hand in Uttlesford District Council’s new recycling guide.
The “Recycle for Uttlesford” guide, presented in a simple pictorial format, is being distributed to homes across the district in September.
As well as detailing what should and should not be put in each wheelie bin, it also gives information about collection dates, Christmas collections and disposing of garden waste.
The guide should help residents further improve on Uttlesford’s already impressive recycling rate of 54 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the council’s environment committee Susan Barker said: “This guide provides the essential information needed to help residents in Uttlesford with their recycling.
“The district already has an excellent recycling rate and has been in the top ten nationally for some years now, but we’re always striving to improve things even further.”
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Team Laptop launches to support children's learning
As well as hitting mailboxes, copies of the guide will be available from the district council customer service centres at Saffron Walden, Thaxted and Dunmow Library, plus online at uttlesford.gov.uk/recycling.
Any resident who does not receive the guide through their door in September can also call the council on 01799 510510 and ask for a copy.