Council’s guide to recycling on its way
NOT sure which bin to put your yoghurt pot in? Unclear whether foil can be recycled? Don’t know where to take your hedge cuttings?
The answer to all these questions, and much more information besides, is at hand in Uttlesford District Council’s new recycling guide.
The “Recycle for Uttlesford” guide, presented in a simple pictorial format, is being distributed to homes across the district in September.
As well as detailing what should and should not be put in each wheelie bin, it also gives information about collection dates, Christmas collections and disposing of garden waste.
The guide should help residents further improve on Uttlesford’s already impressive recycling rate of 54 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the council’s environment committee Susan Barker said: “This guide provides the essential information needed to help residents in Uttlesford with their recycling.
“The district already has an excellent recycling rate and has been in the top ten nationally for some years now, but we’re always striving to improve things even further.”
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
As well as hitting mailboxes, copies of the guide will be available from the district council customer service centres at Saffron Walden, Thaxted and Dunmow Library, plus online at uttlesford.gov.uk/recycling.
Any resident who does not receive the guide through their door in September can also call the council on 01799 510510 and ask for a copy.