Councillor calls for study to improve traffic in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
More needs to be done to ease congestion in the centre of Saffron Walden, says a councillor who is calling for a study to investigate the problem.
“We want to find a way to get freer-flowing traffic down the High Street,” Cllr Balliger told the Reporter.
“We want to get measures in place to improve the situation.
“I wouldn’t describe it as awful but it’s not ideal. With an increase in housing in the future, we also need to be able to accommodate a greater amount of traffic.”
Richard Moss, who works at Humphreys butchers on George Street, just off High Street, agreed.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s quite a bad road, and something needs to be done – it does get choc-a-bloc,” he said. “People are beeping at each other. You only need one crash and the whole of the High Street is stuck.”
The planning and road traffic committee meets next Wednesday, (March 4) at 7.30pm, in the town hall.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Team Laptop launches to support children's learning
What do you think? Is the traffic on High Street that bad? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org