Countdown to Colne Valley Cycle Ride
- Credit: Archant
THE fifth Essex Air Ambulance Colne Valley Cycle Ride is fast approaching and the charity is calling on cyclists of all levels to take part.
The event, on Sunday May 12, will raise all-important funds for the county’s life-saving helicopter.
Ian Thurgood, joint managing director of Wilkin and Sons, the event sponsors, said: “We are delighted to support the Colne Valley Cycle ride – cyclists will complete either three, 20 or 40 miles and we wish every one of them a safe and enjoyable day, let’s raise as much money as we possibly can for the Essex Air Ambulance.”
There are three routes to choose from: 20 miles for the ‘just for fun’ riders, 40 miles for the more serious cyclists, plus a three-mile family cycle ride. The circular route starts at 9.30am from the Essex Air Ambulance fundraising office in Earls Colne with fun children’s activities and refreshments available.
The helicopter will be at the event, giving people the unique opportunity to see the Air Ambulance up close and personal and meet the air crew. Plus the Heart Angels will be joining in the fun.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Marcon, events manager of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust, said: “We are counting down to the fifth Colne Valley Ride which is fast becoming one of the Charity’s biggest events with a record breaking 244 cyclists taking part last year.
“We are hoping for lovely weather once again and that the sunshine will encourage people to come out and cycle with us! Thank you to our sponsors Wilkin & Sons for coming on board. Plus, cyclists don’t forget to get sponsored and help raise even more funds to keep your Air Ambulance flying and saving lives.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
Can you help out on the day? Essex Air Ambulance is urgently calling on volunteers willing to marshal the route. If you are interested in volunteering as a marshal on the day please call Wendy Marcon on 0845 2417 690.
If you wish to take part, the registration fee is £16 per cyclist in advance or £20 on the day. Under 14’s go free (up to three children when cycling with full paying adult).
To pre-register contact the Event Team on Events@EHAAT.uk.com or call 0845 2417 690.