Countdown to Waldstock begins
IT’S all systems go for Waldstock - June 30 and July 1 at the Fighting Cocks, Wendens Ambo - and the scene is set for a fantastic two day event.
The charity music festival will play host to top acts the Rollin’ Clones, The Pink Floyd Dimension, AlicebanD, and Supercasino; popular Cambridge bands Ezio and The Willows and many more.
A spokesman for the event said: “Spirits aren’t dampened by the challenging weather conditions and preparations are well on track for the best Waldstock Festival to date. Even if the fickle English weather continues fully covered facilities will be provided.”
In addition to the music, hot-home cooked food and a real ale tent await festival goers, at this popular event which promises to be fun for all the family.
A two day advance ticket is �10 available from Saffron Walden Tourist Information, saffrontickets.com, and the Waldstock stall on King Street on Saturdays between 10am and 2pm (a �1 booking fee per ticket applies at the TIC and saffrontickets.com). Tickets on the door are priced at �10 Saturday, and �8 Sunday. Children under 12 go free with a paying adult.
You may also want to watch:
All ticket proceeds this year go to the charities: Bears (formerly Medics); Carver Barracks’ Injured Soldiers’ Fund; Arthur Rank Hospice: and Saffron Walden Day Centre.
Facebook users can find more information at facebook.com/waldstockuk. Alternatively go to waldstock.co.uk.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive