County High pupil takes part in FA Football Futures event at training centre of England national team
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden County High School pupil was selected as one of 95 youngsters from across the country to take part in an event at the training centre of the England national football team.
Joshua Broughall, 16, pictured, was selected as the sole representative for Cambridgeshire FA at the recent FA Football Futures event at St George’s Park.
He and other 16-19-year-olds spent four days at the prestigious venue, where he was mentored by premier league referees and coaches and learned about every aspect of the game from Futsal to disability football.
“I had the best time of my life and enjoyed every moment,” said Joshua, who has devoted more than 200 hours of volunteering time as a coach at Plantation Youth FC and for the County High this past season.
“I found everything useful and look forward to applying it.”
You may also want to watch:
Joshua will now take up a role within Plantation Youth FC as coach for the newly formed U7s this coming season.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost