County High pupil takes part in FA Football Futures event at training centre of England national team
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden County High School pupil was selected as one of 95 youngsters from across the country to take part in an event at the training centre of the England national football team.
Joshua Broughall, 16, pictured, was selected as the sole representative for Cambridgeshire FA at the recent FA Football Futures event at St George’s Park.
He and other 16-19-year-olds spent four days at the prestigious venue, where he was mentored by premier league referees and coaches and learned about every aspect of the game from Futsal to disability football.
“I had the best time of my life and enjoyed every moment,” said Joshua, who has devoted more than 200 hours of volunteering time as a coach at Plantation Youth FC and for the County High this past season.
“I found everything useful and look forward to applying it.”
You may also want to watch:
Joshua will now take up a role within Plantation Youth FC as coach for the newly formed U7s this coming season.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal