County High student takes part in prestigious medical research placement
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden County High School pupil gained “invaluable experience” after completing a prestigious placement over the summer.
Joscelin Smith took part in a Nuffield Research Placement at Genzyme, one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
She worked alongside a STEM researcher and then presented her findings at an awards ceremony at ARU.
The AS student also won a Gold Award from the British Science Association for her report on her findings.
Joscelin said: “During my time there [Genzyme] I undertook a research project supervised by one of the senior technical team.
You may also want to watch:
“I thoroughly enjoyed working alongside the professionals in the labs and was privileged to have use of Genzyme’s specialist equipment.”
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 3 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 4 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 5 Linton pupils join 362,000-strong school choir
- 6 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths