County High student takes part in prestigious medical research placement
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden County High School pupil gained “invaluable experience” after completing a prestigious placement over the summer.
Joscelin Smith took part in a Nuffield Research Placement at Genzyme, one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
She worked alongside a STEM researcher and then presented her findings at an awards ceremony at ARU.
The AS student also won a Gold Award from the British Science Association for her report on her findings.
Joscelin said: “During my time there [Genzyme] I undertook a research project supervised by one of the senior technical team.
You may also want to watch:
“I thoroughly enjoyed working alongside the professionals in the labs and was privileged to have use of Genzyme’s specialist equipment.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival