County orchestra in Saffron Walden
ESSEX Youth Symphonic Wind Orchestra is putting on a concert in Saffron Walden next week. The evening is being held at St Mary s Church on Friday April 17 at 7.30pm. The programme will include: Sparke – Symphonic Metamorphoses Vaughn Williams – English F
ESSEX Youth Symphonic Wind Orchestra is putting on a concert in Saffron Walden next week.
The evening is being held at St Mary's Church on Friday April 17 at 7.30pm.
The programme will include:
Sparke - Symphonic Metamorphoses
You may also want to watch:
Vaughn Williams - English Folk Song Suite
Vaughan Williams - 49th Parallel
- 1 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
Shostakovich - Folk Dances
Richard Peaslee - Arrows of Time (Trombone Concerto) - Soloist Matthew Lewis
The Essex Youth Symphonic Wind Orchestra meet each year for two non-residential courses each followed by a concert. It goes on tour in the summer bi-annually.
The orchestra is open to woodwind, brass, percussion and string bass players who are grade five and above.
Two of its current members, Charlotte Huson (flute) and Meghan Rossuck (trumpet), are from Saffron Walden.
Charles Hine, the musical director, studies clarinet at the Royal Academy of Music where he received numerous awards including the Geoffrey Hawkes Prize for Clarinet, the Lady Holland Prize for Composition and the Recital Diploma.
Mr Hine is a founder member of the Vega Wind Quintet, one of the country's leading chamber ensembles.
He is currently head of Woodwind and head of Performance Studies at Colchester Institute Centre for Music and Performing Arts.
To buy tickets for the concert in Saffron Walden - at �9 and �6 - contact ensembles co-ordinator at Essex Music Services, Beverley Lockyer, on 01206 798788 or email Beverley.email@example.com