Couple jailed for stealing from Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have been jailed for six months for stealing thousands of pounds worth of cleaning products from Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Robert Antal, 42, and Iren Adam, 46, were domestic assistants at the hospital when they began stealing various cleaning products and medical supplies.
The hospital received an anonymous tip-off last month and both were arrested by police at their place of work.
Searches on their home in Greenlands, Cambridge, led to the discovery of nearly £6,000 of products stacked in boxes in the garage and the couple’s bedroom with Addenbrooke’s labels on them.
Both pleaded guilty to theft by an employee and were each jailed for six months at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (June 6).
You may also want to watch:
DC Tom Taylor said: “We believe Antal and Adam were stockpiling the cleaning products to take with them to their native Hungary but their plan was thwarted thanks to the information received by the hospital.
“Theft by an employee is a serious crime and these goods would have been purchased with public money.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease