Couple jailed for stealing from Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have been jailed for six months for stealing thousands of pounds worth of cleaning products from Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Robert Antal, 42, and Iren Adam, 46, were domestic assistants at the hospital when they began stealing various cleaning products and medical supplies.
The hospital received an anonymous tip-off last month and both were arrested by police at their place of work.
Searches on their home in Greenlands, Cambridge, led to the discovery of nearly £6,000 of products stacked in boxes in the garage and the couple’s bedroom with Addenbrooke’s labels on them.
Both pleaded guilty to theft by an employee and were each jailed for six months at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (June 6).
You may also want to watch:
DC Tom Taylor said: “We believe Antal and Adam were stockpiling the cleaning products to take with them to their native Hungary but their plan was thwarted thanks to the information received by the hospital.
“Theft by an employee is a serious crime and these goods would have been purchased with public money.”
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100