Couple jailed for stealing from Addenbrooke’s Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have been jailed for six months for stealing thousands of pounds worth of cleaning products from Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Robert Antal, 42, and Iren Adam, 46, were domestic assistants at the hospital when they began stealing various cleaning products and medical supplies.
The hospital received an anonymous tip-off last month and both were arrested by police at their place of work.
Searches on their home in Greenlands, Cambridge, led to the discovery of nearly £6,000 of products stacked in boxes in the garage and the couple’s bedroom with Addenbrooke’s labels on them.
Both pleaded guilty to theft by an employee and were each jailed for six months at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (June 6).
You may also want to watch:
DC Tom Taylor said: “We believe Antal and Adam were stockpiling the cleaning products to take with them to their native Hungary but their plan was thwarted thanks to the information received by the hospital.
“Theft by an employee is a serious crime and these goods would have been purchased with public money.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 3 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost