Couple win free tenancy of business unit in Saffron Walden
A GROWING business has received an early Christmas present after winning a competition for a year s free tenancy of a unit on Saffron Walden s Shire Hill industrial estate. Husband and wife team Karl and Rachel Wirrmann run two online businesses, Handy Ca
A GROWING business has received an early Christmas present after winning a competition for a year's free tenancy of a unit on Saffron Walden's Shire Hill industrial estate.
Husband and wife team Karl and Rachel Wirrmann run two online businesses, Handy Candy, which sells traditional sweets direct to the public, and Scorchio, a supplier of chilli based products.
"We were absolutely delighted to find we had won," said Mr Wirrmann. "Now we are able to bring forward our expansion plans.
"Saffron Walden is the perfect location for us because it has fantastic access and because of its large number of delis, butchers, specialist food shops, farmers markets, farm shops and restaurants. We couldn't have asked for a better start to what will be a very exciting new year."
You may also want to watch:
Already based at a unit on Shire Hill, the couple are looking forward to moving to the larger and more modern Carlton Place business unit on January 1.
The competition was run by Carlton Place owners Square Deal Units (Argyle) Ltd, in conjunction with Invest In Essex, Saffron Walden Business Forum and estate agents Mullucks Wells and Wakelins.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
Mullucks Wells commercial director, Richard Roberts, who was on the judging panel, said: "A combination of creativity, ambition and an exceptional approach to service was what led to the selection of Wirrmann.com Ltd as the eventual winners.
"On top of this, they are committed to the local community and support many local initiatives and events. It's great that they are also a local company who already employ a number of local people and will recruit more in the near future. A very worthy winner.