Couple win free tenancy of business unit in Saffron Walden
A GROWING business has received an early Christmas present after winning a competition for a year s free tenancy of a unit on Saffron Walden s Shire Hill industrial estate. Husband and wife team Karl and Rachel Wirrmann run two online businesses, Handy Ca
A GROWING business has received an early Christmas present after winning a competition for a year's free tenancy of a unit on Saffron Walden's Shire Hill industrial estate.
Husband and wife team Karl and Rachel Wirrmann run two online businesses, Handy Candy, which sells traditional sweets direct to the public, and Scorchio, a supplier of chilli based products.
"We were absolutely delighted to find we had won," said Mr Wirrmann. "Now we are able to bring forward our expansion plans.
"Saffron Walden is the perfect location for us because it has fantastic access and because of its large number of delis, butchers, specialist food shops, farmers markets, farm shops and restaurants. We couldn't have asked for a better start to what will be a very exciting new year."
You may also want to watch:
Already based at a unit on Shire Hill, the couple are looking forward to moving to the larger and more modern Carlton Place business unit on January 1.
The competition was run by Carlton Place owners Square Deal Units (Argyle) Ltd, in conjunction with Invest In Essex, Saffron Walden Business Forum and estate agents Mullucks Wells and Wakelins.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
Mullucks Wells commercial director, Richard Roberts, who was on the judging panel, said: "A combination of creativity, ambition and an exceptional approach to service was what led to the selection of Wirrmann.com Ltd as the eventual winners.
"On top of this, they are committed to the local community and support many local initiatives and events. It's great that they are also a local company who already employ a number of local people and will recruit more in the near future. A very worthy winner.