Cracking nights at High Barn this November
AN up-and-coming electro-pop-punk band will be the highlight of a busy month of live music and entertainment at High Barn. Angry Vs The Bear will bring their noisy, fizzy style to the Great Bardfield venue on November 13 (tickets �8). Since forming in 200
AN up-and-coming electro-pop-punk band will be the highlight of a busy month of live music and entertainment at High Barn.
Angry Vs The Bear will bring their noisy, fizzy style to the Great Bardfield venue on November 13 (tickets �8).
Since forming in 2008 the band has played to a sold out crowd in Texas and been voted Best Band of SXSW '09. Their track I Sing We Sing has been critically acclaimed by the BBC Essex Introducing Show and featured in the Best of Myspace podcast in January 2009.
The band is currently recording with Simon Gogerly, a Grammy award-winning producer who has worked with the likes of U2 and Gwen Stefani, and they are set to storm the country with their blend of edgy female-fronted English pop.
Also featuring in November is Guy Tortora, who is best known for his 'American' style performances of jazz, blues, folk and routes. He has played with Eric Clapton and Eric Bibb and on this occasion will be accompanied by Tim Aves, an accomplished blues singer, harpist and guitar player. Tickets for the event, on November 6, are priced at �12.
On November 19, five-piece rock band, Medicine Hat, play at the venue
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 5 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 6 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 8 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- 9 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 10 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
(tickets �7). The band charted in the late 90's with their single C'mon Here and regularly tour the world, wooing fans with their infectious driving music.
Featuring twice throughout the month will be Clive Carroll. Described as "the best and most original young acoustic guitar player and composer in Britain", and having toured extensively throughout Europe, America and Australia, Carrol is now releasing his third solo album.
His first performance is with his sister, Airvata, on November 20 (tickets �12). The pair have performed previously at High Barn.
Carroll will then be playing with Gordon Gilltrap, who is widely regarded as one of the leading players in the UK, on November 21 (tickets �14).
Although previously regarded as one of the UK's finest double-bass players, Mick Hutton now amazes with his jazz performances on the steel pans, instruments usually associated with calypsos. Hutton's steel pans jazz night runs on November 25 (tickets �8).
To round off the month, High Barn runs its popular "Unplugged" night on November 27, giving new brands and singers a chance to showcase their talents alongside more experienced performers.
To book tickets for these events or for more detailed listings, along with prices and ticket sales, call 01371 811291 or visit www.high-barn.com