Crafty stuff from Dame Bradbury's pupils
A WEEK-LONG art exhibition, held at Dame Bradbury s School in Saffron Walden, displayed work by all of its pupils from nursery through to year six. The exhibition, which finished on Friday, featured a wide range of work from Henry Moore-inspired sculpture
A WEEK-LONG art exhibition, held at Dame Bradbury's School in Saffron Walden, displayed work by all of its pupils from nursery through to year six.
The exhibition, which finished on Friday, featured a wide range of work from Henry Moore-inspired sculptures to Impressionist water colours.
Art teacher Julie Brassington, who helped to organise the event, said it was a "wonderful exhibition with almost 800 pieces on display".
Many of the school's year six pupils created art inspired by the Victorian era and the year four's made stringed puppets, which this year included Barack Obama, Her Majesty the Queen and Homer Simpson.
You may also want to watch:
Also on display were 3-D aquariums from the year ones and a castle complete with princesses and princes from the reception class.
The exhibition's visitor book was crammed with comments of praise including a message from the Mayor and Mayoress of Saffron Walden which said: "Congratulations on an excellent exhibition. What talent from the very young.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision