Crafty stuff from Dame Bradbury's pupils
A WEEK-LONG art exhibition, held at Dame Bradbury s School in Saffron Walden, displayed work by all of its pupils from nursery through to year six. The exhibition, which finished on Friday, featured a wide range of work from Henry Moore-inspired sculpture
A WEEK-LONG art exhibition, held at Dame Bradbury's School in Saffron Walden, displayed work by all of its pupils from nursery through to year six.
The exhibition, which finished on Friday, featured a wide range of work from Henry Moore-inspired sculptures to Impressionist water colours.
Art teacher Julie Brassington, who helped to organise the event, said it was a "wonderful exhibition with almost 800 pieces on display".
Many of the school's year six pupils created art inspired by the Victorian era and the year four's made stringed puppets, which this year included Barack Obama, Her Majesty the Queen and Homer Simpson.
You may also want to watch:
Also on display were 3-D aquariums from the year ones and a castle complete with princesses and princes from the reception class.
The exhibition's visitor book was crammed with comments of praise including a message from the Mayor and Mayoress of Saffron Walden which said: "Congratulations on an excellent exhibition. What talent from the very young.
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Audley End apple festival is this weekend