Crash claims 17-year-old girl’s life
Teenager Lucinda May Burell has died in a crash near Cambridge.
The tragedy happened at 11.20pm last night (Wednesday) south of the junction with Fourwentways and southbound carriageway of the A11.
A Vauxhall Corsa hit a broken down vehicle that was towing a small boat. The Corsa was then hit by an Alfa Romeo.
Lucinda, from Cornell’s Lane, Widdington, near Saffron Walden, was a front seat passenger in the Corsa. Drivers of the Corsa and Alfa Romeo sustained minor injuries. Police are still at the scene and the road remains closed.
Pc Simon Burgin is appealing for witnesses to the collision or anyone who saw either vehicle in the lead up to the accident to call him.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police can be contacted by calling 101.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision