Crash claims 17-year-old girl’s life
Teenager Lucinda May Burell has died in a crash near Cambridge.
The tragedy happened at 11.20pm last night (Wednesday) south of the junction with Fourwentways and southbound carriageway of the A11.
A Vauxhall Corsa hit a broken down vehicle that was towing a small boat. The Corsa was then hit by an Alfa Romeo.
Lucinda, from Cornell’s Lane, Widdington, near Saffron Walden, was a front seat passenger in the Corsa. Drivers of the Corsa and Alfa Romeo sustained minor injuries. Police are still at the scene and the road remains closed.
Pc Simon Burgin is appealing for witnesses to the collision or anyone who saw either vehicle in the lead up to the accident to call him.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police can be contacted by calling 101.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex