Crash claims 17-year-old girl’s life
Teenager Lucinda May Burell has died in a crash near Cambridge.
The tragedy happened at 11.20pm last night (Wednesday) south of the junction with Fourwentways and southbound carriageway of the A11.
A Vauxhall Corsa hit a broken down vehicle that was towing a small boat. The Corsa was then hit by an Alfa Romeo.
Lucinda, from Cornell’s Lane, Widdington, near Saffron Walden, was a front seat passenger in the Corsa. Drivers of the Corsa and Alfa Romeo sustained minor injuries. Police are still at the scene and the road remains closed.
Pc Simon Burgin is appealing for witnesses to the collision or anyone who saw either vehicle in the lead up to the accident to call him.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police can be contacted by calling 101.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100