Crash claims 17-year-old girl’s life
Teenager Lucinda May Burell has died in a crash near Cambridge.
The tragedy happened at 11.20pm last night (Wednesday) south of the junction with Fourwentways and southbound carriageway of the A11.
A Vauxhall Corsa hit a broken down vehicle that was towing a small boat. The Corsa was then hit by an Alfa Romeo.
Lucinda, from Cornell’s Lane, Widdington, near Saffron Walden, was a front seat passenger in the Corsa. Drivers of the Corsa and Alfa Romeo sustained minor injuries. Police are still at the scene and the road remains closed.
Pc Simon Burgin is appealing for witnesses to the collision or anyone who saw either vehicle in the lead up to the accident to call him.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police can be contacted by calling 101.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Town council backs new support club
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine