CRASH UPDATE: Thaxted fire crew begin to clear roads following 9am smash
MORNING commuters between Thaxted, Great Dunmow and Saffron Walden faced severe delays and diversions this morning after a serious car crash on the B184. At around 9am this morning (Monday) a 4x4 vehicle overturned onto its side on a sharp left-hand bend
MORNING commuters between Thaxted, Great Dunmow and Saffron Walden faced severe delays and diversions this morning after a serious car crash on the B184.
At around 9am this morning (Monday) a 4x4 vehicle overturned onto its side on a sharp left-hand bend as it was being driven from Great Dunmow to Thaxted.
Thaxted fire crew were first to arrive after a call was put out by a fellow road-user who had almost collided with the upturned car as she came around the corner.
The driver was visibly shaken and her car, a Nissan Micra, had been damaged on the front left-hand side after she had swerved to avoid the already crashed vehicle and skidded into another car she was following.
You may also want to watch:
She described what happened to Broadcast reporter Nick Thompson, who was amongst the fifty or so cars that were forced to turn around and seek alternative routes.
"I could really do with a sweet cup of tea," she said. "This was the last thing I expected to see on the way to work this morning.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
"I came around the corner and nearly drove into the car that had already crashed, I managed to swerve but skidded into the car in front of me. It was very scary to be honest - I just hope that whoever was involved in the first crash is ok."
No one was reported as seriously hurt in the incident and the fire crew, along with help from police, have been working hard to clear the roads so that traffic can pass through.