Crazy kitten hitches 25-mile ride to Stansted Airport
A MADCAP moggie is recovering after hiding under a car bonnet and hitching a 25-mile ride to Stansted Airport today (Friday).
The fearless five-week-old kitten, who is safe and weel despite her ordeal, was clinging onto the engine when she was discovered in the staff car park after a passer-by heard meowing sounds coming from under the bonnet.
She has been nicknamed ‘Jammy’ by airport staff because of her links to the famous jam factory in Tiptree, where her perilous adventure began.
It is believed Jammy crawled into the compartment seeking warmth and comfort overnight.
RSPCA Inspector Rosie Russon, who was called to Stansted to check on her health, said: “Jammy was most likely just looking for a nice place to sleep.
You may also want to watch:
“The good news is she’s safe and well after her ordeal - although she may have used up one of her nine lives! Finding an owner will be difficult because Jammy wasn’t tagged, she was probably just discarded from the litter.”
The stowaway kitten has been adopted by Stansted Airport Security Advisor, Becky Corris, who helped with the delicate rescue operation to coax the cat out of the car.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
“She’s absolutely adorable and seemed to warm to me straight away,” Ms Corris said.