Cream tea lovers break world record
TEA and scone lovers have broken a world record in Quendon.
The English Cream Tea Company invited 334 hungry diners to Quendon Hall last Tuesday to take part in the world’s largest cream tea party. On Thursday, it was announced that the record for the largest cream tea party in on location had been broken.
Jane Maylon from the English Cream Tea Company said: “I’m chuffed to pieces about it!
“We were thrilled to have been tasked by Guinness World Records to set the record for the largest English cream tea event – and even more so that we succeeded.
“I would like to thank those who supported the event, either by attending, helping, donating or simply spreading the word. Those 334 people – all of whom dressed in tea party clothes - represent a whole lot of kindness.
You may also want to watch:
“The event also represented the amazing power of social media at work -my message was so kindly re-tweeted, posted, shared, sent out and Facebooked by hundreds - which is how we got so many people along, including a coach full of Brownies who were all beautifully dressed up in their best dresses.”
The event also manages to raise �1,200 which will be split between the Harlow branch of the Alzheimer’s Society and Dunmow-based Fragile X, which provides support to families affected by learning difficulties.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40