Cricket tournament will raise money for Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund
- Credit: Archant
THAXTED Cricket Club is to host a charity tournament with money raised being donated to the Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund.
The annual event will see three teams, Thaxted, Lindsell and Thorley, battle it out in a T20 competition from 10am on Saturday, September 7.
Money raised will be split between the charity set up in memory of Ethan Linwood, an 11-year-old County High School student who died in a car crash last year, and Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.
Ethan’s dad Bob is keen for people to come out and support the event, which follows on from a charity celebrity football match held at Saffron Walden Football Club in April.
Bob also conquered the arduous Inca Trail in Machu Picchu, Peru, along with a group of five friends.
The trek, completed over a six-day period back in May, also saw money raised for the Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund, which was set up by Bob, Ethan’s mum Morag and sister Emelia.
Speaking about the trip, Bob said: “There was plenty of fun, laughter and a few tears, too – it was a fantastic experience and we saw some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.”
- 1 Pictures: Hundreds take part in Saffron Walden Jubilee walk
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 5 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 6 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
The cricket tournament will be held at the Thaxted CC’s ground in Bardfield End Green.
There will be an all-day barbecue and bar, as well as music and hot food from 7.30pm for the evening do. Tickets for the latter are £5. Call 01371 831183 to book.
Overnight camping is available.