Cricket tournament will raise money for Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund
- Credit: Archant
THAXTED Cricket Club is to host a charity tournament with money raised being donated to the Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund.
The annual event will see three teams, Thaxted, Lindsell and Thorley, battle it out in a T20 competition from 10am on Saturday, September 7.
Money raised will be split between the charity set up in memory of Ethan Linwood, an 11-year-old County High School student who died in a car crash last year, and Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.
Ethan’s dad Bob is keen for people to come out and support the event, which follows on from a charity celebrity football match held at Saffron Walden Football Club in April.
Bob also conquered the arduous Inca Trail in Machu Picchu, Peru, along with a group of five friends.
You may also want to watch:
The trek, completed over a six-day period back in May, also saw money raised for the Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund, which was set up by Bob, Ethan’s mum Morag and sister Emelia.
Speaking about the trip, Bob said: “There was plenty of fun, laughter and a few tears, too – it was a fantastic experience and we saw some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.”
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 8 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
The cricket tournament will be held at the Thaxted CC’s ground in Bardfield End Green.
There will be an all-day barbecue and bar, as well as music and hot food from 7.30pm for the evening do. Tickets for the latter are £5. Call 01371 831183 to book.
Overnight camping is available.