Cricket tournament will raise money for Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund
- Credit: Archant
THAXTED Cricket Club is to host a charity tournament with money raised being donated to the Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund.
The annual event will see three teams, Thaxted, Lindsell and Thorley, battle it out in a T20 competition from 10am on Saturday, September 7.
Money raised will be split between the charity set up in memory of Ethan Linwood, an 11-year-old County High School student who died in a car crash last year, and Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.
Ethan’s dad Bob is keen for people to come out and support the event, which follows on from a charity celebrity football match held at Saffron Walden Football Club in April.
Bob also conquered the arduous Inca Trail in Machu Picchu, Peru, along with a group of five friends.
The trek, completed over a six-day period back in May, also saw money raised for the Ethan Linwood Memorial Fund, which was set up by Bob, Ethan’s mum Morag and sister Emelia.
Speaking about the trip, Bob said: “There was plenty of fun, laughter and a few tears, too – it was a fantastic experience and we saw some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet.”
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022
The cricket tournament will be held at the Thaxted CC’s ground in Bardfield End Green.
There will be an all-day barbecue and bar, as well as music and hot food from 7.30pm for the evening do. Tickets for the latter are £5. Call 01371 831183 to book.
Overnight camping is available.